THANKS for making Pedal Play 2016 a great success!!! Join us again this year – and bring your friends!
Sunday, June 4th, 2017 from 1 to 4 pm in Kanata North
What is Pedal Play?
- a fun mobile bike rodeo, teaching bike safety to adults and kids (primary and high school) through interactive learning activities while on your bike
- participants will cycle through Kanata North, using both road ways and pathways, stopping at several activity stations along the way, to learn safe cycling practices, and how bicycles are regulated under the Highway Traffic Act
- The 6 km route is planned to demonstrate safe routes throughout the community, connecting schools and community centres
- Participants will learn hand signals, how to share multiuse paths, how to change their gears when climbing, how to safely navigate roundabouts, and busy crossovers
- Participants will also learn how to confirm their helmet fit and how to do a basic bike maintenance check
Where is it?
Pedal Play mobile bike rodeo starts and finishes at W. Erskine Johnston Public School, 50 Varley Crescent, Kanata
When is it?
Sunday, June 4th, 2017
What does it cost?
Prior to coming to the event, CHECK YOUR BIKE to ensure it is in safe operating condition
- check the brakes—working with proper clearance and no frayed cables
- check the gears to ensure they are shifting properly
- clean and lubricate your chain
- make sure that your quick releases are properly closed
- ensure your tires are properly inflated
- ensure any accessories (kickstands, racks, panniers, etc.) are securely fastened
- ensure nothing is hanging loose (including clothing) that could become tangled in the gears, brakes or wheel
- ensure you have a working bell—it is the law